5. Mogworld by Yahtzee Croshaw: This
6. Jam by Yahtzee Croshaw: and this sound hilariously horrible.
7. The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton: Katy and Kati seem to love it and I’m curious. This is going to be the explanation for why I bought about 90% here.
8. Men Explain Things To Me by Rebecca Solnit: An essay about mansplaining. I had to have it!
9. The Leftovers by Tom Perrotta: Sounds pretty good. The show however seems horrible.
10. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt: Talked to Stephen about Donna Tartt and BOOM bought all
11. The Little Friend by Donna Tartt: her
12. The Secret History by Donna Tartt: books.
13. The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld: This has been hyped to high heavens but it does actually sound good and it’s really short.
14. Last Exist To Brooklyn by Hubert Selby Jr.: Katy’s fault.
15. Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple: I’ve seen this floating around for ages and I love the cover. Took me a while but I finally bought it.
16. The Bad Seed by William March: I love creepy children. No, wait, I love to hate creepy children in books/shows/movies. I don’t want them around me. I don’t want any child around be, I don’t care if it’s the nicest child that has ever lived.
17. The Affair Of The Poisons by Anne Somerset: I need more nonfiction books and poison is always a fascinating topic.
18. I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes: Sounds interesting but the cover looks incredibly ugly. The blurb must’ve really sold it to me because I usually don’t buy books with ugly covers.
19. Range Of Ghosts by Elizabeth Bear: Ally told me about the ridiculousness of Bear’s books so I got one.
20. Mister Monday by Garth Nix: I love the Abhorsen trilogy and I need more from him!