1. Return Of The King by J. R. R. Tolkien: This is my favorite book (series?) of all time so it was time for a reread.
2. Bird Box by Josh Malerman: It’s my birthday in August so I was allowed to choose a buddy read for the Twitter Babes.
3. Last Exit To Brooklyn by Hubert Selby Jr.: Katy knows that I can’t say “no” to buddy reads but this at least sounds… interesting?
4. Death On The Nile by Agatha Christie: Lisa is a Christie virgin so Kati and I are going to pop her Christie cherry. That sounds so wrong but I’ll roll with it.
5. Geek Love by Katherine Dunn: Again, Katy’s fault and again, a book that has made it on this fun list.
6. The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood: A bunch of us have never read Atwood so we’re doing this together. Atwood seems to be one awesome lady.
The End Of Mr. Y by Scarlett Thomas: It’s been on Lisa’s shelf for a while now, it’s been on my shelf for a while now. This just screamed BUDDY READ! Yeah, we already tried and both hated it…
8. Quiet by Susan Cain: We, the Twitter Babes (I feel like I should explain the name but I don’t have any readers that are NOT in the Twitter Babes so it seems redundant), are all introverts and want to read more nonfiction, so this was an easy pick.
9. A Tale For The Time Being by Ruth Ozeki: It’s the August pick of the Writers Of Color Book Club and I suggested it so I have to read it.
10. The Blazing World by Siri Hustvedt: This and the following three books are all longlisted for the Man Booker Prize 2014 and we are reading a few of those in August.
11. To Rise Again At A Decent Hour by Joshua Ferris
12. History Of The Rain by Niall Williams
Thank goodness that it’s Bout of Books 11 in August because these add up to 4710 pages!